Hi all! I am so sorry I have not blogged in several months. I have been busy with clients & building my practice. Honestly, I have also been distracted by the holiday season. I am guilty of putting others needs before mine. I admit that. I am also guilty of falling back into old patterns of being a peacemaker, people pleaser & forgetting to set much needed emotional boundaries, let alone engaging in self-care. So, of course, the holidays were challenging this year. That being said, I am choosing to learn from this instead of hiding from my self-perceived mistakes.
Here are some of the lessons I have learned:
1. Don’t let yourself be put in the middle
2. Listen to your loved ones (in my case my husband)
3. The only person who is responsible for your happiness is you
4. It’s ok to say no
5. Don’t overbook yourself
6. Self Care, Self Care, Self Care
7. It’s ok to have feelings
8. Taking care of your feelings, thoughts & needs is vital
9. Don’t take on others’ feelings
10. Boundaries, emotional, physical, etc. are good.
These are lessons I continue to learn & work on, on a daily basis. The key is to not be overly critical of yourself & others & to be kind to yourself. The one thing I am happy about is that I didn’t deny myself my feelings. I didn’t judge myself. I took space when needed & when I was ready to return to whatever situation I was in, I did.
Like everyone else, I am human & continue to grow & learn everyday.